Protoura Sport DSP Runflat Tyre is now availableMonday 3rd July 2023
We have expanded the hugely popular Protoura Sport range to include the Protoura Sport DSP Runflat, designed for drivers to experience the advantage of runflat technology with ultra high performance capabilities.
The result is a combination of quality, ultra high performance without compromise, and peace of mind for drivers should they experience a puncture.
Following extensive testing and development to vehicle manufacturer OE standards at industry-leading proving grounds, the Protoura Sport DSP Runflat offers peace of mind to motorists with superior levels of grip, endurance and comfort, to allow drivers to excel on the road, whatever the destination.
We have gone above and beyond the standard requirements for runflat testing to ensure optimal performance you can trust. This was carried out at Applus + IDIADA, some of the best summer testing facilities in the world.
The drum test is a standard endurance test which assesses the tyre’s ability to run on a steel drum for 60 minutes without deflation. In addition to this, we carried out the following tests:
- Pop-on pressure, ensuring that the tyres are easy to mount onto and dismount from the rim – a typical challenge for runflat tyres – whilst maintaining sufficient force on the wheel for reliable operation.
- RPA sensitivity test, ensuring the tyre is well within the tolerance bounds of TPMS sensors, this test determines the variance in circumference between inflated and uninflated states, for vehicles that rely on this technology to detect that a tyre has deflated.
- Rim roll-off test, ensuring that the deflated tyre stays mounted to the rim when undergoing lateral forces, a factor that cannot be determined by the standard drum test alone. This test was carried out by performing J turns with a tyre under zero pressure to ensure it remains mounted to the rim as required for OE standards.
Key features of the Protoura Sport DSP Runflat
Protoura Sport DSP Runflat is an extension of the Protoura Sport range, meaning it delivers the same level of outstanding performance and handling as the original Protoura Sport tyre, with the additional safety features of runflat technology. But what are the key features of the runflat technology? These include:
- Integrated rim protection to prevent wheel damage.
- A self-supporting internal sidewall to support the weight of the vehicle and retain the tyre structure when it loses air as a result of a puncture, allowing motorists to safely travel to a nearby garage or place of repair.
- Continued and safe operation at speeds of up to 50mph whilst deflating or deflated.
- Lateral and transverse load support when operating at zero inflation pressure.
These engineering innovations complement the Protoura Sport’s solid outer block pattern for precise steering response, wide longitudinal ribs to enable efficient water dispersion and solid circumferential centre grooves for straight line traction.
Davanti Tyres’ General Manager Peter Cross comments: “Expanding the Protoura Sport range to include runflat technology means drivers can enjoy our ultra-high performance tyres with the peace of mind that should they suffer a puncture, they have time get to a garage or find a safe, level area to change the tyre.
“Also, thanks to the team’s incredible work to engineer a UHP tread pattern alongside runflat technology which has been developed to a premium standard, means we have a tyre which is a leading benchmark for runflats that offers performance you can trust.”
The tyre are available in sizes 17” to 21”.
For more advice on the Protoura Sport DSP Runflat, contact your local Davanti dealer using our Dealer Locator.