Can you use all-season tyres in winter?Thursday 26th January 2023
During the colder months, driving can become difficult, so having the right tyres for the conditions can bring peace of mind and a more comfortable experience on the road.
In those countries where winter tyre legislation is not in place, many drivers opt to keep their summer tyres on through the winter, as it can be expensive to change them. Not to mention the challenge of storing winter tyres correctly when not in use.
However, fitting all-season tyres to your vehicle can take you from winter to summer and through to winter again thanks to its ability to adapt to the changing conditions.
What are the features of an all-season tyre?
An all-season tyre takes the key technical features from both winter and summer tyres to deliver an all-round, strong cross climate tyre that consistently performs, providing critical safety in winter and precision in summer. Our all-season range consists of the Alltoura 4-Seasons and Alltoura H/T 4-Seasons – designed for passenger vehicles – and the Vantoura 4-Seasons for light commercial vehicles.
All of our all-season tyres are Three Peak Mountain Snowflake certified (3PMSF), which means they are suitable to be driven on in countries that impose winter tyre legislation.
- Its directional tread pattern ensures better traction and braking in wet weather
- The specially-formulated compound delivers dependable grip in extreme temperatures and on various road surfaces
- An intelligent sipe design provides efficient clearing of water and extra grip on snow and ice
Alltoura H/T 4-Seasons
- The tread block design provides stability and durability for heavier loads
- Deep longitudinal grooves and a large contact patch provide excellent performance and safety in wet weather
- Solid outer shoulder blocks deliver a precise steering response
- The solid shoulder blocks provide a stable drive under heavy loads whilst preventing damage
- Deep outer grooves enable enhanced water evacuation and mechanical snow traction throughout all points of treadwear
- Three deep longitudinal grooves cut through standing water and provide the driver with safe and dependable handling on wet surfaces
- Sawtooth sipes actively bite into icy surfaces, providing much-needed traction